General Education Requirements
General Education courses are the foundation upon which all University of Missouri degrees are built, and all undergraduate students must fulfill the General Education requirements.
These requirements are applicable to student subject to the 2019-20 version of the catalog. To reference earlier additions of the University Catalog go to Archived Catalogs under the General Information section on the catalog home page.
Undergraduate students must complete all University requirements as well as all requirements specified for the degree(s) and major(s), and requirements of the college or school, and department offering the degree. This would include the University general education requirements as well as the following:
- A second MU Writing Intensive course* must be completed in a student’s major. It needs to be a 3000/4000 level MU WI course approved as part of the curriculum by the faculty of a student’s major.
- Complete an approved capstone course* with MU course work in the student’s major.
- Complete a minimum of 30 credit hours in MU-authored courses.
- Complete no fewer than 120 credit hours of coursework.
- Earn no less than a 2.00 GPA, as defined by the GPA of Record.
- Pass the Missouri Higher Education Civics Achievement Examination with a score of seventy percent or greater.
Must be completed with a grade of C- or better.