Marketing & Communication
Accurate, actionable content is essential to student success. Vice Provost of Undergraduate Studies Marketing & Communication helps you reach Mizzou students with supportive, informative messages so they can find their place on campus, overcome obstacles and thrive.
Use these tools and templates to think through on-brand communications and marketing collateral. Please contact Megan Wilson to help create and amplify your content.
Contact Person: Strategic Communication Consultant
You may download design templates and other resources from identity.missouri.edu. Please follow the font and layout requirements.
See university social media guidelines.
A unit social media audit, a social calendar and audience review are available resources.
If you have questions regarding how your unit engages users on social media, feel free to contact us.
- Any Mizzou-affiliated organization, unit or department can request placement of digital signage on LED screens around campus.
- If you submit an event-related graphic, the screen will be removed after the event. Two weeks is the maximum time period for event-related LEDs to run.
- The Marketing & Communication staff will decide if a non-event (general) information screen can remain in the LED rotation for a longer period of time. EXCEPTION: Student organizations are limited to 4 LED screens per semester, each for a 2-week period.
- LED email requests must be sent to email@example.com
- Required information for upload:
- Subject line: “LED Placement Request”
- Provide organization/department name
- Event date (if you have one)
- LED file size requirements- 1080×1920 and/or 1920×1080 pixels in JPEG or PNG horizontal and/or vertical format.
- LED file name must include a remove by date in the file name (ex. Name_VLED(REMOVE May 23)
- LED design must have contact information (website, phone number, email address, etc.) or QR code.
- LEDs from MU Departments must follow identity standards and have a unit signature or a line stating who is responsible for this information (i.e. presented by The Office of Undergraduate Research)
- Megan will make sure designs meet identity standards.
- Required information for upload:
Toolkit or a Communications Plan
Planning can cover events, web content and design, a social content calendar, social media audit, a targeted communications plan and much more? Reach out to start the process.
For reference: Example Toolkit & example Communications Plan
- AP Stylebook
- Campus Style Guide
- Merlin One (photos, video, audio files)
- Mizzou Identity Standards
- MU photo/video release form (PDF)
- Student Communication Best Email Practices (PDF)
- You can request a project by submitting a project request form.
- A member of our team reviews your request and
- Follows up to review your request with you and fill in any missing information (2 business days).
- Discussion takes place with the marcom team for a strategy and comes back to you with a recommendation (5–10 business days).
- The marcom team develops your content through our interactive creative process. As part of that process, you will receive a proof of the work to review and request amends or approve (5–10 business days).
- Once you approve, your project moves into production (1–3 business days).
What VPUGS communications can do for you
Digital or print ads.
Timeline: 2–4 weeks from run dates.
To submit content for the monthly Provost newsletter, simply check the box stating “Would you like this information also submitted for the Provost’s Newsletter?” when you submit information for the Endeavors Newsletter.
With a current listserv of nearly 500, you have a monthly platform to effectively amplify your unit! Submit content through the lens of;
Proving campus with “just in time” information
Information to make student support easier
A call to action
A student-highlight reinforcing the continued progress/value of your VPUGS unit
Feel free to review the Endeavors Newsletter communications plan.
Monthly due date: the 22nd of each month
The platform targets internal audiences and should be information submitted by unit leaders. Information for consideration can include a unit highlight, noting an upcoming event, reminding the target audience what services are available for the upcoming month, a student/staff profile, five fun facts or a question-and-answer portion.
Graphic design, copywriting and editing for banners, posters, flyer, handouts, etc.
Timeline: 2-3 weeks
Targeted posts, social media campaigns, etc.
Timeline: 1–3 weeks from run dates
For MU Socials amplification: 1-2 months from ideal run dates
Stories of student, organizations, opportunities for students within your unit…. We’ll work with you on the best platform to promote the story before proceeding with the writing process. Fill out this form for a story request. This is a questionnaire students fill out prior to interviews. (Forms coming soon!)
For Show Me Mizzou amplification: 1-2 months from ideal run dates
Student profile stories, social media content, educational and promotional video suggestions targeted to student audiences – MU Socials is the main platform for this medium.
Timeline: Varies depending on event related focus or unit promotional focus.
Content strategy workshop — Collaborative planning for creation, delivery and governance of content.
Timeline: 3–4 weeks.
Content audit and recommendations — Review and analysis of web content and recommendations for structure.
Timeline: 3–4 weeks.
Web development — Creation of WordPress template web sites, content, etc.